A few days after my birthday, I was asked the question every girl dreams of being asked. Colin, my parents, and I returned home from a celebratory dinner where mom’s homemade birthday cupcakes awaited. After overindulging at dinner, I tried to pass on dessert. Colin insisted I eat a cupcake, even bringing me one with a lit birthday candle. As I reached for it, he got down on one knee to ask me to marry him. Twinkling underneath the candle and propped up in the icing of the cupcake was the most gorgeous ring! I was completely caught off guard. To this day, Colin still thinks I forgot to say, “Yes!” The cupcake I almost passed up was the best cupcake I’ll ever have.
After a year and a half of planning, our wedding was everything I had ever dreamed. The weather was cool, crisp, and sunny. Though everything ran late since half the streets in La Crosse were closed for a local event, we embraced it and went with the flow. The overwhelming happiness I felt standing next to my dad before walking down the aisle and seeing Colin at the front of the church and our family and friends standing along the way will be cherished forever.
We have never laughed as hard nor had as much fun as we did at our reception. The DJ entertained us with mini bicycle races, singalongs, and a packed dance floor. Our favorite event, though, was a table chase in which we had the duration of one song to take a picture with every single table.
Amid the beauty and excitement of our day, we enjoyed little stolen moments, my favorite moments of the day—our special first look, sitting alone on the dance floor watching our slideshow, sneaking outside for sunset pictures, and being the last to leave our reception. Even though most of these moments left us speechless, our smiles said it all. We could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day. TWM
BUSINESSES: BEAUTY Salon Elite CATERING The Waterfront Restaurant & Tavern DESSERT International Bake Shoppe FLORAL Floral Visions by Nina GOWN/ BRIDESMAID ATTIRE Charlotte’s Bridal & Formal Wear TRANSPORTATION Luxury Limousines VENUE The Cargill Room at The Waterfront
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 05.02.15 Dana (Riley) & Mark Von Ruden (33%, 609 Votes)
- 06.13.15 Kelly (Gazeley) & Alex Berg (32%, 602 Votes)
- 07.25.15 Katie (Lubenow) & Joshua Bain (12%, 214 Votes)
- 05.16.15 Brittany (Binsfeld) & Daniel Hensgen (9%, 174 Votes)
- 09.13.14 Nicole (Tischer) & Colin Untiedt (7%, 121 Votes)
- 08.08.15 Courtney (Rishavy) & Jacob Shones (4%, 79 Votes)
- 03.14.15 Stephanie (Jensen) & Jake Martin (1%, 27 Votes)
- 08.16.14 Jami (Kelbel) & Matt Lyons (1%, 13 Votes)
- 06.06.15 Chelsea (Trim) & Steve Carpenter (1%, 11 Votes)
- 07.04.15 Anna (Mirsch) & Tyler Greguson (0%, 5 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,855