When I think back to our wedding day, I still cannot believe how perfect it was. The venue was everything I had imagined; I felt absolutely beautiful; and the photographer took every single picture I wanted. Family and friends were so supportive and loving towards my husband and me. Not to mention, I married the man of my dreams!
We had our ceremony outside in one of the fields at Justin Trails, and our reception was in the big wedding barn. The morning leading up to my wedding is now a blur! I was nervous and anxious to see my handsome man who was impatiently waiting until the moment I could walk down the aisle to him. My favorite part of the ceremony was the live violinist and guitar player who played Pachelbel’s “Canon in D” for that walk. I tried to engrain those moments into my head. I remember the wind blowing my veil, my dad’s arm on my shoulder grasping it just as I asked, my husband breaking down in tears as I walked towards him, the sound of my childhood lullaby leading me to my prince, and all of the people who loved my husband and I on either side of the aisle cheering my nervous self forward. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day to get married to my soulmate.
The reception was amazing. The barn was lit up with a million lights and the baby’s breath flowers adorned each table. The feeling of having everyone who knew us together in the same place was something I will never forget. Dinner was a pig roast, which is a Welch family tradition. Dessert was a delicious cheesecake bar.
My husband and I danced our first dance to “Hey Pretty Girl” by Kip Moore. Then we rocked out on the dance floor the rest of the night. The owners of Justin Trails told me the next morning that they had never seen the dance floor that packed, which made me a very happy girl. Hands down, my favorite part of our wedding was going to our cabin at the end of the night, looking out our window, and feeling all of the love from every single person sitting out at the bonfire. I am a pretty lucky girl to have a man who loves me unconditionally, and two families that support and cheer us on through everything. TWM
BUSINESSES: Dessert/Catering Premier Catering Beauty Beauty by Alison Frances; (makeup) Jessie Welch (hair)Bridal Gown/Tuxedos Charlotte’s Bridal Floral My Florist Venue Justin Trails Resort Rentals Nelson Agri Center Transportation Lamers Busline Tuxedos Charlotte’s Bridal
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 7.12.14 Caitlin (Aberger) & Robert Feeney (22%, 477 Votes)
- 10.12.13 Megan (Knaup) & Ben Pearson (18%, 389 Votes)
- 7.12.14 Lauren (Komro) & George Metropulos (12%, 271 Votes)
- 8.16.14 Erika (Segerson) & Bryan Mueller (12%, 268 Votes)
- 9.21.13 Alison (Lyga) & Jacob Welch (9%, 201 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Krystle (Romanowicz) & Ryan Burnett (7%, 153 Votes)
- 6.6.14 Kelsey (Hinkel) & Erik Johnson (5%, 109 Votes)
- 1.24.14 Beth (Nordaune) & Jeff Young (4%, 81 Votes)
- 5.17.14 Jen (Barber) & Brandon Corcoran (4%, 76 Votes)
- 8.2.13 Skylar (Layland) & Cody Sweeney (2%, 50 Votes)
- 6.7.14 Katelyn (Denn) & Andrew Nielsen (2%, 38 Votes)
- 10.5.13 Tara (Sabby) & Jeremy Anderson (2%, 38 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Laura (Kuisle) & Travis Hawley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 12.14.13 Kayla (Brion) & Tyler Jones (0%, 1 Votes)
- 6.14.14 Lori (Turner) & Terry Triebwasser (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,169