When George and I met the summer of 2010 in Eau Claire, he told me he was never getting married. So when he proposed two years later, it was the last thing I ever expected. Until our wedding, our engagement day was the happiest day of my life.
Since the possibility of a hot, humid summer day terrified me, we originally set the date for a weekend in February. I knew I would be guaranteed a good hair day in winter. But then we realized the majority of our guests would be traveling, and a snowstorm would be worse than a bad hair day, so we set the date in July.
The morning of our wedding, the bridesmaids and I got ready at my parents’ house in Holmen. Putting on my gown in my childhood bedroom and having first looks with my dad and George in the house I grew up in was extremely sentimental. As for the weather, it was 83 degrees with 90 percent humidity and a chance of severe thunderstorms. It rained during our ceremony at Holmen Lutheran Church, but it looked so pretty through the stained glass windows as I waited to walk down the aisle. When I got to the altar and stood with George, I was overwhelmed with happiness. Rather than ruining the day (or my hair), the rain made everything more memorable and beautiful.
At the reception in the Cargill Room at The Waterfront, the décor was stunning and the food was delicious. The weather cleared up just before dark, and our guests were able to enjoy a gorgeous sunset on the patio. The Studebaker 7 band played, and the dance floor was full until the lights came on at the end of the night. Despite humidity and pouring rain, George and I could not imagine a more perfect wedding day with all our family and friends! TWM
BUSINESSES: DESSERTS International Bake Shoppe (cake) The Sweet Shop (truffle favors); BEAUTY Sue Kolve’s Salon BRIDAL GOWN Charlotte’s Bridal & Formal Wear BRIDESMAID ATTIRE/TUXEDOS Charlotte’s Bridal & Formal Wear FLORAL/DÉCOR Monet Floral MUSIC Studebaker 7 STATIONERY Triton Printing TRANSPORTATION Luxury Limousines VENUE The Waterfront Cargill Room VIDEOGRAPHY Media Works Productions
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 7.12.14 Caitlin (Aberger) & Robert Feeney (22%, 477 Votes)
- 10.12.13 Megan (Knaup) & Ben Pearson (18%, 389 Votes)
- 7.12.14 Lauren (Komro) & George Metropulos (12%, 271 Votes)
- 8.16.14 Erika (Segerson) & Bryan Mueller (12%, 268 Votes)
- 9.21.13 Alison (Lyga) & Jacob Welch (9%, 201 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Krystle (Romanowicz) & Ryan Burnett (7%, 153 Votes)
- 6.6.14 Kelsey (Hinkel) & Erik Johnson (5%, 109 Votes)
- 1.24.14 Beth (Nordaune) & Jeff Young (4%, 81 Votes)
- 5.17.14 Jen (Barber) & Brandon Corcoran (4%, 76 Votes)
- 8.2.13 Skylar (Layland) & Cody Sweeney (2%, 50 Votes)
- 6.7.14 Katelyn (Denn) & Andrew Nielsen (2%, 38 Votes)
- 10.5.13 Tara (Sabby) & Jeremy Anderson (2%, 38 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Laura (Kuisle) & Travis Hawley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 12.14.13 Kayla (Brion) & Tyler Jones (0%, 1 Votes)
- 6.14.14 Lori (Turner) & Terry Triebwasser (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,169