Brandon proposed to me at the end of our dock in beautiful northern Wisconsin, my favorite place on earth. Eleven months later, we enjoyed a similar ambiance and décor at the Stoney Creek Inn for our beautiful reception. Our wedding colors reflected the natural greens of leaves, grass, and moss set against a classic black.
In planning for our wedding, Brandon and I were in agreement that the most important thing was ensuring our family and friends were involved as much as possible in all aspects of our day. We did this in many ways. All of the Corcoran cousins, age 12 and under, sang “He’s Got the Whole World In His Hands” during the ceremony to thunderous applause. My Grandpa built our beautiful log name-card holders, Brandon’s uncle built our rustic card box from a large tree trunk, and my matron-of-honor created our invitations and programs. Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center was the perfect spot. Our families enjoyed the pool during the day and had their room near the reception for their little ones. At the reception, our table numbers were years (i.e. 1985), and each table had photos of us with our friends and family from that year. Brandon’s emotional speech after dinner focused on our grandparents and what fantastic role models they have been. In short, everything revolved around our loved ones.
It was also important to me that our personalities and love for Wisconsin traditions were evident throughout the day. Our guests were treated to a Bloody Mary bar during cocktail hour, Wisconsin-themed pint glass favors with a heart over La Crosse, a Redneck Express party bus, a hotel welcome note of Brandon and I jumping for joy in front of the famous La Crosse six-pack, and a late night mashed-potato bar.
Most importantly, while singing and dancing the night away, I knew I’d found someone who places family and friends first and who made me laugh with excitement as he whispered “wife” in my ear all night.
BUSINESSES: Beauty Metropolitan Salon & Day Spa BRIDAL GOWN/BRIDESMAID ATTIRE The Wedding Tree CATERING Pogy’s Catering DESSERTS Linda’s Bakery FLORAL Cottage Garden Floral MUSIC Music Mix of La Crosse RENTALS Photo Booth Entertainment TRANSPORTATION Redneck Express VENUE Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center VIDEOGRAPHY No Coincidence Studios
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 7.12.14 Caitlin (Aberger) & Robert Feeney (22%, 477 Votes)
- 10.12.13 Megan (Knaup) & Ben Pearson (18%, 389 Votes)
- 7.12.14 Lauren (Komro) & George Metropulos (12%, 271 Votes)
- 8.16.14 Erika (Segerson) & Bryan Mueller (12%, 268 Votes)
- 9.21.13 Alison (Lyga) & Jacob Welch (9%, 201 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Krystle (Romanowicz) & Ryan Burnett (7%, 153 Votes)
- 6.6.14 Kelsey (Hinkel) & Erik Johnson (5%, 109 Votes)
- 1.24.14 Beth (Nordaune) & Jeff Young (4%, 81 Votes)
- 5.17.14 Jen (Barber) & Brandon Corcoran (4%, 76 Votes)
- 8.2.13 Skylar (Layland) & Cody Sweeney (2%, 50 Votes)
- 6.7.14 Katelyn (Denn) & Andrew Nielsen (2%, 38 Votes)
- 10.5.13 Tara (Sabby) & Jeremy Anderson (2%, 38 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Laura (Kuisle) & Travis Hawley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 12.14.13 Kayla (Brion) & Tyler Jones (0%, 1 Votes)
- 6.14.14 Lori (Turner) & Terry Triebwasser (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,169