“Beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that’s a real treat!”
– Joanne Woodward
The hilarious, witty, and at times slightly inappropriate man I chose to share my life with helped remind me not to sweat the small things on our special day, and had me laughing until my cheeks hurt. I was sad that my father, who passed when I was 19, was not there to walk me down the aisle. And there were a few glitches along the way, however, these hiccups could not stop Ben from making me smile and laugh the entire day.
Bumps in the road were expected and things didn’t go exactly as planned, but the fact that I was able to keep laughing and truly have fun is all that really mattered. If I could describe our entire day in one word, it would be “candid.” Our photographers did an absolutely beautiful job of catching us during our most natural and authentic moments.
Some might say it was playing with fire to plan an outdoor wedding in October, especially in Minnesota, but it was everything we wanted. We dreamed of a beautiful, sunny, outdoor wedding, and we could not be happier with the day we had. The clouds and wind vanished just as our audience found their seats in white chairs laced with plum sashes. A feeling of relief fell over me as the fountain behind the lattice under which we were married shimmered in the sunlight.
When the ceremony ended, we went inside for the celebration. The hours spent creating our centerpieces resulted in just what we wanted. The wooden boxes with hydrangeas from Ben’s aunt’s garden had been handmade by Ben and his father. My bridesmaids and I had spent days making Mod Podge lace mason jars that held floating candles. Our night ended almost as quickly as it came and even though I didn’t get the macaroni and cheese pizza I had been craving all day, I was truly blessed to have had such a special night surrounded by those we love. TWM
BUSINESSES: DESSERT/FLORAL HyVee BEAUTY Thairapy GOWN/BRIDESMAID ATTIRE David’s Bridal MUSIC Red, White, and Blue Entertainment PHOTOGRAPHY Midwest Lifeshots Photography RENTALS Rentex TUXEDOS Men’s Wearhouse VENUE/CATERING Riverview Greens Golf Course
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 7.12.14 Caitlin (Aberger) & Robert Feeney (22%, 477 Votes)
- 10.12.13 Megan (Knaup) & Ben Pearson (18%, 389 Votes)
- 7.12.14 Lauren (Komro) & George Metropulos (12%, 271 Votes)
- 8.16.14 Erika (Segerson) & Bryan Mueller (12%, 268 Votes)
- 9.21.13 Alison (Lyga) & Jacob Welch (9%, 201 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Krystle (Romanowicz) & Ryan Burnett (7%, 153 Votes)
- 6.6.14 Kelsey (Hinkel) & Erik Johnson (5%, 109 Votes)
- 1.24.14 Beth (Nordaune) & Jeff Young (4%, 81 Votes)
- 5.17.14 Jen (Barber) & Brandon Corcoran (4%, 76 Votes)
- 8.2.13 Skylar (Layland) & Cody Sweeney (2%, 50 Votes)
- 6.7.14 Katelyn (Denn) & Andrew Nielsen (2%, 38 Votes)
- 10.5.13 Tara (Sabby) & Jeremy Anderson (2%, 38 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Laura (Kuisle) & Travis Hawley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 12.14.13 Kayla (Brion) & Tyler Jones (0%, 1 Votes)
- 6.14.14 Lori (Turner) & Terry Triebwasser (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,169