In January 2010, we met while attending my cousin’s wedding party and sparks flew. It was soon clear that living an hour apart was too far, so within a few months I got a job in Rochester. Four years later, Andrew placed an engagement ring on our dog’s collar. Deuce, our German Shorthair, came to me as Andrew took a knee and asked me to marry him.
Since we are outdoor people, we wanted an outdoor wedding with a woodsy theme—burlap tablecloths, wood slabs, mason jars filled with pebbles from the North shore, birch bark, pine cones, and dried mushrooms. My father made a set of doors outlined by old barn wood for our grand entrance. The site of our outdoor wedding was Willow Falls. When we drove through the weeping willows that afternoon, I looked toward the waterfall and pond where I would say, “I do,” and got tears in my eyes. It was so beautiful!
Seeing Andrew for the first time was memorable. When he reached back, grabbed my hand, and turned around, all we could do was stare at each other with huge smiles on our faces. After, we took numerous beautiful scenic pictures, near the waterfalls, in the lush green grass, and under full trees. As the ceremony was about to start, I was thrilled to be marrying Andrew. The sun was shining as my parents walked me down the aisle. We exchanged rings, said our “I dos,” and shared our first kiss as husband and wife. As we turned, my breath was taken away while surveying all who came to celebrate our perfect wedding day. Following the ceremony, there was so much laughter, fun, food, and dancing. Guests played beanbags and mingled around an old canoe filled with ice and beverages. After a delicious dinner, Andrew and I shared out first dance. Then our wedding party, family, and friends danced the night away. We would love to relive that day over and over, which is why we will always and forever cherish the photographs that captured each moment. TWM
BUSINESSES: CATERING Laurie Griffin DESSERTS Minnesota Sweets by Lindsey Quast GOWN/BRIDESMAID ATTIRE Belles & Beaus, Austin RENTALS Majestic Tents & Events VENUE Willow Falls, Kasson
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 7.12.14 Caitlin (Aberger) & Robert Feeney (22%, 477 Votes)
- 10.12.13 Megan (Knaup) & Ben Pearson (18%, 389 Votes)
- 7.12.14 Lauren (Komro) & George Metropulos (12%, 271 Votes)
- 8.16.14 Erika (Segerson) & Bryan Mueller (12%, 268 Votes)
- 9.21.13 Alison (Lyga) & Jacob Welch (9%, 201 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Krystle (Romanowicz) & Ryan Burnett (7%, 153 Votes)
- 6.6.14 Kelsey (Hinkel) & Erik Johnson (5%, 109 Votes)
- 1.24.14 Beth (Nordaune) & Jeff Young (4%, 81 Votes)
- 5.17.14 Jen (Barber) & Brandon Corcoran (4%, 76 Votes)
- 8.2.13 Skylar (Layland) & Cody Sweeney (2%, 50 Votes)
- 6.7.14 Katelyn (Denn) & Andrew Nielsen (2%, 38 Votes)
- 10.5.13 Tara (Sabby) & Jeremy Anderson (2%, 38 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Laura (Kuisle) & Travis Hawley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 12.14.13 Kayla (Brion) & Tyler Jones (0%, 1 Votes)
- 6.14.14 Lori (Turner) & Terry Triebwasser (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,169