Our wedding was better than a child’s dream! When you imagine the day in your head, it’s impossible to envision the look on your prince’s face when he sees you for the first time, to see how proud your brothers are of you, to note the appreciation your parents feel for your new husband, to experience the welcoming arms of his parents, or to feel the insurmountable love and support that bathe you the whole day. What made this even more possible was the team of people who helped. The best thing we did in planning was to commission the most talented artists in town and let them create.
The day of our wedding, when all was ready, I met the man of my dreams in the orchard on the land where I grew up. We did our best to stay in the moment, embrace every touch, smell every smell, hear every giggle, and keep ourselves grounded so we weren’t just looking down from above. I felt every blade of grass between my barefoot toes, heard every note my cousin played on the keyboard (we walked down the aisle to “Bittersweet Symphony”), and saw every tear my brothers shed. The arbor, built by my father-in-law, was a sight to behold. It bore the initials of our recently deceased best friend who would have been our justice of the peace. We felt his presence as we said our vows.
Afterward, our brothers and the wedding party went on a walk down to the lake. It was a special moment to absorb, with our nearest and dearest. We then returned to the tent for the reception. The welcome was amazing, the food delicious, and the speeches, surreal. The reflections, the gratefulness, the humor and well wishes were more than a daughter/son/best friend/sister/brother could ever hope to hear.
Then came the dancing—and while I thought the Hinkel side knew how to party, the Johnsons gave them a run for their money! I am truly grateful to be surrounded by the most fun-loving family and friends. The beauty of the day was rivaled only by the party of the night. TWM
BUSINESSES: CATERING Omar’s Kitchen, West Concord DESSERTS Daube’s DÉCOR/FLORAL Modern Design & Concepts MUSIC Complete DJ Services PHOTOGRAPHY Brianna Rannells RENTALS Majestic Tents STATIONERY Chelsie Rogan, St. Paul/Johnson Printing TUXEDOS Men’s Wearhouse VIDEOGRAPHY Wedding Films by Andy
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 7.12.14 Caitlin (Aberger) & Robert Feeney (22%, 477 Votes)
- 10.12.13 Megan (Knaup) & Ben Pearson (18%, 389 Votes)
- 7.12.14 Lauren (Komro) & George Metropulos (12%, 271 Votes)
- 8.16.14 Erika (Segerson) & Bryan Mueller (12%, 268 Votes)
- 9.21.13 Alison (Lyga) & Jacob Welch (9%, 201 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Krystle (Romanowicz) & Ryan Burnett (7%, 153 Votes)
- 6.6.14 Kelsey (Hinkel) & Erik Johnson (5%, 109 Votes)
- 1.24.14 Beth (Nordaune) & Jeff Young (4%, 81 Votes)
- 5.17.14 Jen (Barber) & Brandon Corcoran (4%, 76 Votes)
- 8.2.13 Skylar (Layland) & Cody Sweeney (2%, 50 Votes)
- 6.7.14 Katelyn (Denn) & Andrew Nielsen (2%, 38 Votes)
- 10.5.13 Tara (Sabby) & Jeremy Anderson (2%, 38 Votes)
- 6.21.14 Laura (Kuisle) & Travis Hawley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 12.14.13 Kayla (Brion) & Tyler Jones (0%, 1 Votes)
- 6.14.14 Lori (Turner) & Terry Triebwasser (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 2,169