When Rich and I met, we instantly had a connection, and given our competitive-sport backgrounds, we decided to challenge one another to a foot race. We’re still debating who won, but really, we both did, because five years later, Rich proposed at Riverside Park.
With both of us living in California, we had a hard time picking a ceremony location and reception venue. I wanted an intimate ceremony with our closest friends and family gathered outdoors with the big sky above us. My parents offered their Wisconsin backyard as the site. We gladly accepted and began planning. When La Crosse Tent and Awning came to set up, I thought it was breathtaking while it was just a blank canvas. Several friends from California came out a week early to help. We decorated the tent all hours of the day and night with family, friends, and neighbors. People were on ladders and on each other’s shoulders because the tent was huge! My mother had been working the entire year on decorations and ideas to make it feel more intimate.
After our rehearsal dinner at The Blue Moon, I didn’t go back home to see the final product, which made me nervous. Instead, I went with my bridesmaids to a hotel to relax. The day of the wedding, Luann Dibb, our photographer, suggested we do “first-look” photos. It turned out to be one of our favorite moments of the entire day. I will never forget the way I felt when Rich turned around looking so dashing in his suit! It was a wonderful moment meant only for us. The ceremony took place outside. Our neighbor and dear friend from California performed the ceremony. When I walked into the tent afterward, I was speechless. My parents worked all night to make it spectacular. Overall, the day meant so much to us. It was a true “Wisconsin wedding.” My friends are still talking about the pictures we took in the cornfield.
Beauty: E-Spa, Catering: Premier Catering, Dessert: Linda’s Bakery, Floral: Cottage Garden Floral,
Gown/Tuxedos: The Wedding Tree, Music: Music in Motion, Photography: Luann Dibb Photography,
Rentals: La Crosse Tent and Awning
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 01.12.2013 Megan (Kelsey) & Bryan Rodriguez (28%, 336 Votes)
- 07.19.2013 Janneke (Quick) & Chris Sobeck (20%, 237 Votes)
- 07.06.2013 Katie (Morrissey) & Jacob Hansen (7%, 87 Votes)
- 07.20.2013 Brittany (Farrell) & Adam Bembnister (7%, 81 Votes)
- 08.10.2013 Krissy (Miller) & Scott Miller (6%, 77 Votes)
- 09.07.2013 Gina (Parolini) & Kyle Schwebke (6%, 76 Votes)
- 07.12.2013 Katie (Lawlor) & Jason Jeseritz (5%, 60 Votes)
- 07.20.2013 Paisley (Larson) & Andrew Baker (4%, 52 Votes)
- 05.22.2013 & 07.06.2013 Amanda (Orth) & Ben Digmann (4%, 42 Votes)
- 07.05.2013 Cree (Kachelski) & Chris Chamberland (3%, 41 Votes)
- 05.25.2013 Liz Turos-Kussow & Brandon Kussow (3%, 30 Votes)
- 09.21.2012 Emily (Daley) & Sam Clements (2%, 24 Votes)
- 09.21.2013 Laura Nordstrom Welch & Alex Welch (1%, 14 Votes)
- 08.24.2013 Kelsi (Schuster) & Brian Jodarski (1%, 13 Votes)
- 08.10.2013 Kayla (Trocinski) & Anthony Gibson (1%, 6 Votes)
- 06.15.2013 Kristen (Bodart) & Brandon Christenson (1%, 6 Votes)
- 06.29.2013 Dana (Gorniak) & Michael Gramarossa (0%, 2 Votes)
- 09.29.2012 Brooke Smars & Kale Langley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 09.22.2012 Jennilee Peterson-Pohle & Richard Pohle (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,185