Some may think we’re crazy, but a January wedding was perfect for us. On our wedding day, I awoke to freezing temperatures and light snowflakes. When it was time for our first-look photos, Bryan and I met indoors. Soon after, everyone braved the cold for outdoor pictures. It felt like we were in a dream. My soon-to-be husband was holding me tightly to protect me from getting cold, while our friends stood by our sides laughing and making jokes in an attempt to fight off the bitter cold!We then went our separate ways to await the ceremony. Of the utmost importance, our ceremony marked the moment we would become husband and wife. I can still hear Bryan reciting our vows in a crystal clear voice as he looked into my eyes. Our photographs of that moment are an almost daily reminder of the promise we made to one another that day. When we walked down the aisle as husband and wife, the love we felt from family and friends was incredible. All their faces were full of joy. It is one of my favorite memories.
After the ceremony, the evening was a whirlwind of excitement, fun, food, and dancing. We were whisked away with our wedding party in a trolley and headed to the Mayowood Stone Barn for photos at sunset. It was incredibly romantic. Bryan twirled me and kissed me as we kept trying to fully comprehend that we were married! It took some effort for all of us to stay warm, but it was worth it. We will forever treasure the images captured in those moments. Most brides are quick to say their wedding day was absolutely perfect, and I am no exception. I truly can’t think about the day without a smile as so many wonderful memories come to mind.
Beauty: Salon Nouvo, Catering/Venue: Rochester Downtown Marriott, Dessert: Daube’s Bakery, Floral: Le Jardin European Style Floral, Gown/Bridesmaid Attire/Tuxedos: Mestads Bridal and Formal Wear, Invitations: The Paper Studio, Music: Midwest Sound, Photography: Midwest LifeShots Photography, Transportation: Rochester Trolley and Tour Company, Wedding Planner: Denae Brennan Weddings & Events
Which couple is your favorite Real Wedding submission?
- 01.12.2013 Megan (Kelsey) & Bryan Rodriguez (28%, 336 Votes)
- 07.19.2013 Janneke (Quick) & Chris Sobeck (20%, 237 Votes)
- 07.06.2013 Katie (Morrissey) & Jacob Hansen (7%, 87 Votes)
- 07.20.2013 Brittany (Farrell) & Adam Bembnister (7%, 81 Votes)
- 08.10.2013 Krissy (Miller) & Scott Miller (6%, 77 Votes)
- 09.07.2013 Gina (Parolini) & Kyle Schwebke (6%, 76 Votes)
- 07.12.2013 Katie (Lawlor) & Jason Jeseritz (5%, 60 Votes)
- 07.20.2013 Paisley (Larson) & Andrew Baker (4%, 52 Votes)
- 05.22.2013 & 07.06.2013 Amanda (Orth) & Ben Digmann (4%, 42 Votes)
- 07.05.2013 Cree (Kachelski) & Chris Chamberland (3%, 41 Votes)
- 05.25.2013 Liz Turos-Kussow & Brandon Kussow (3%, 30 Votes)
- 09.21.2012 Emily (Daley) & Sam Clements (2%, 24 Votes)
- 09.21.2013 Laura Nordstrom Welch & Alex Welch (1%, 14 Votes)
- 08.24.2013 Kelsi (Schuster) & Brian Jodarski (1%, 13 Votes)
- 08.10.2013 Kayla (Trocinski) & Anthony Gibson (1%, 6 Votes)
- 06.15.2013 Kristen (Bodart) & Brandon Christenson (1%, 6 Votes)
- 06.29.2013 Dana (Gorniak) & Michael Gramarossa (0%, 2 Votes)
- 09.29.2012 Brooke Smars & Kale Langley (0%, 1 Votes)
- 09.22.2012 Jennilee Peterson-Pohle & Richard Pohle (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,185